Disaster Case Managers at
1-855-742-5989 can help survivors assess, prioritize, and navigate complex recovery needs such as:
• Information on resources available where a survivor is currently located
• Assistance with FEMA registration and/or appeals
• Identifying available financial assistance
• Information on relocation services
• Advocacy with service and benefit providers
• Creating a personal recovery plan
• Other hurricane-related unmet needs
HURRICANE HARVEY ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
MULTI-FAMILY LEASE AND REPAIR PROGRAM
Below is the RFI that FEMA has put out to capture apartment /multifamily owners who might be interested in participating in the Multifamily Lease and Repair program.
FEMA Multi-Family Lease and Repair Program RFI
The purpose of the MLRP is to provide direct assistance to repair or improve existing multi-family housing such as apartments in order to provide more housing for survivors. From what we understand, the applicant can be eligible for up to $21,000 per unit for repairs. They then "repay" those repair expenses by allowing applicants to occupy the units and forgoing rent payments over the next months. More detailed information can be provided by FEMA and will be forthcoming when available.